Tales of the Cruzinator

Friday, May 04, 2007

GRADUATION!!! =D

so apparently, i'm a really, really bad blogger. I forget that I have this thing so it just doesn't get updated. Perhaps when there is less going on (like when I start working) I can be better about it. =)

so since spring break there has been TONS going on! Tons of awesome stuff that is!! =) After spring break, I came back and basically cranked out the rest of my thesis and defended and was recommended highest honors! woot! my committee really liked it and despite the lack of sleep in that week due to my defense, 2 tests, a paper, and a ton of meetings, it still turned out really well. For the first time, I was pretty satisfied with my presentation! And they loved my graphs and tables. Thought I should teach a class or workshop! It was really satisfying and now I'm working towards publication which equals more work but will def be worth it!

So April has been really chill. Not a lot of work but a lot of hanging out. Been very busy doing the hanging out thing. haha. I did present my thesis again as an oral presentation and like everyone I knew came! It was so weird having that much support that I freaked out and was a bit nervous. Could have done better and wish I had re-done it but it appeared that everyone was impressed anyways. lol. whatevs. I also went to Myrtle for Easter with the fam which was really fun. Played bar golf a couple times which is my fave game right now! Saw Joey Gladstone during one round of bar golf, too! It's been so much fun and I don't really want it to end. I could only hope college was like this past month although the past years have been great too. Just more work was interspersed with play. ;)

Now, after 2 finals and 1 left to go, I'm waiting for graduation. Just chillin and finding stuff to occupy my time. I have plenty of productive things to do and they'll get done eventually. haha. I have done my graduation portrait a la Sears! They are very cute, very cheap, and very much same day prints! hehe. I got wayy too many pictures but they were really fun! This pic is my fave! I have also planned for after graduation. In May right after graduation, I'm going to Europe for about 3 weeks: 1 week with Nicole, Molly, and Dara in Montpellier, Barcelona, and Lisbon and then 2 weeks with Mom and Lisa to survey all the big cities in Spain. Very excited that scheduling worked out so well. It should be lots of fun! Then, June, come back to Chapel THRILL to apply to med school. Then, July 9th working at NIH. I'll be working with CGD in the lab I first interviewed with. Should be really cool! Now I'm looking for housing although I have found a roommate which is a relief! =)

Ok, well I'm going to nap a bit before trying to be a person tomorrow. Going to actually be productive and then going to see Rod Stewart for FREE! yup, free tix from the hospital. haha. it should be fun, not as fun as bon jovi, but what are ya gonna do?

Stay tuned for more to come!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home