Tales of the Cruzinator

Sunday, October 21, 2007

the gold mine that is rockville, md

So in running errands yesterday, I took the initiative to look for an Asian grocery store. Why? I'm not really sure. I think it's because I've heard that the smashed up suburbia that is Rockville, MD has a lot of Asian food stores and I guess I was in the that ismood to get out of the house and do stuff. Upon the search for the one on Rockville Pike, I stumble upon a Ten Ren Tea House!! =) Yes, so hidden in one of the million strip malls in Rockville lies 1 of the 2 Ten Rens in MD and it's 10 minutes from my house! It had totally made my week knowing that fate led me to live in a place where there is a Ten Ren so nearby! I shall indeed be going every week from now on since Ten Ren will never be this accessible to me ever again. Dangerous in a way because Ten Ren = $3.15 + gas + ton more calories I don't need. Oh well.

2 sad points of my discovery:

1. There is no frequent buyer card. If they did, Ten Ren would be losing/gaining much business from me.
2. So I don't know what goes on at this Ten Ren but customers are not allowed to pick their own straws. WTF? That is totally the best part of the bubble tea experience. I guess I can't really complain because it's so close to my apt. but still. it's weirdd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home